If you run a small business, chances are you are wondering if blogging is worth the time and effort. One of the questions that we get asked time and time again by business owners is “Should our business blog and why?” Well, the short answer is a resounding YES! Blogging on a frequent basis is a relatively easy, inexpensive way to enhance your inbound marketing efforts, drive traffic to your site, and attract more perspective customers.
Statistics from Inbound Marketing Report highlight the importance of blogging. According to the study, 57% of companies who have a blog reported acquiring a customer from their blog. In that same study, a survey of marketers revealed that 81% of businesses say that their business blog is useful to critical for their business.
The Case for Business Blogs
Here are some of the most important benefits of having a blog for your business:
- Boost Search Engine Optimization: Search engines love fresh and well written content. What better way to provide frequent content than with blog posts. By regularly blogging, you give Google and other search engines new content to index and you create opportunities to plug in those all-important keywords to increase your visibility on search engine results pages.
- Develop Relationships with Potential and Existing Customers: Blogging allows you to connect with your site visitors and beyond. This can be accomplished by asking your readers questions at the end of your posts to get the conversation going or by simply engaging with comments and feedback when the blogs are shared across social media channels. By reviewing and responding to readers’ comments, you can create a rapport with your audience, build trust, and gain valuable insight into what your customers are looking for.
- Establish Your Business as an Industry Leader: No matter how small your business is, you can build trust and clout within your industry by providing valuable, expert information in your blog posts. Over time, you become a “go to” resource for helpful, informative content, which can ultimately lead to higher customer conversion rates. This is especially important for small businesses looking to gain credibility to compete with larger companies.
- Connect People to Your Brand: Blog posting allows you to show a personal side of your business that perspective and current customers won’t see through outbound marketing techniques. Blogging gives others a sense of the corporate standards, vision, and personality of your company.
- Create Opportunities for Sharing: Every time you blog, you create an opportunity for your audience to share your blog with others. Whether they link to your blog post, tweet it, or email it to others, it’s free marketing and it further validates you as a credible business.
From a practical standpoint, blogging just makes sense. With minimal effort and expense, you can build credibility, boost search engine rankings, increase website traffic, and foster relationships with potential and current customers. This is an opportunity no small business should pass up.
Are you interested in creating a blog for your business? We can help. Ghost Digital offers a variety of web design solutions to meet your needs. No time to blog? No problem. Our copywriting and content creation team can work with you to create thoughtful, informative posts for your business blog.
What next? Get in touch with our team of Ghosts and start to engage with your customers and prospects.
We work with some amazing companies across a range of industries and time zones. We recognise that each customer has their own unique requirements and that’s why we become SMEs in each industry.
As our skill-sets cover a range of digital, marketing and technology products, we are in the prime position to become our clients key partner.
Fantastic Website Design
Accommodation Centre Hull
We wouldn’t be trading without them
Very professional, highly recommended
Clarkson Services Ltd.
We’ve never looked back
Cool Runnings Airport Transfers
Fast and very efficient
GET IN TOUCH…
Ghost Digital IQ
Westgate, North Newbald,
York, YO43 4SN
+44 (0)7834 241392
We take data protection very seriously and so should you! By entering your details, you agree to receive marketing communication from us. We won’t share your details with any third parties without your explicit consent. You can opt out of this communication at any time.